All things sparkly and beautiful

Fashion & Beauty

Look of the day: Dolce & Gabbana blazer

I took my gorgeous girlfriend Ev to Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club for lunch today as a token of gratitude for the baby shower she threw for me. (Yes, I know. It was six months ago. Poor form on my part!)

img_4908

Anyway, I finally got to wear this Dolce wool blazer I picked up in the sale a month ago. I have an insatiable appetite for jackets (particularly blazers). I can’t tell you how many blazers I’ve got in my closet. But blazers are such wardrobe staples – you can wear them to work/on a date/to the footy/to a barbecue and the list goes on. You won’t believe it but it was the last one in my size and I paid less than 1/3 of the retail price. It’s made of Italian fine wool and tailored to perfection (gotta love the Italians!) It fits me like a glove. I know I’m going to get so much wear out of this so it’s definitely worth paying a bit more for an investment piece. Like my mum always says, if you can’t appreciate a timeless and understated piece for what it’s worth, then you probably don’t deserve it.

img_4959Addie wearing: Dolce & Gabbana blazer, ASOS the ultimate crew neck t shirt, Zara jeans, Valentino rockstud pumps, Fendi mini peekaboo, Salvatore Ferragamo belt

The storm we were expecting decided not to grace Melbourne after all. So here’s an obligatory selfie in the sun to conclude a rather lovely afternoon.

img_4965

Happy Friday, everyone!

25 thoughts on “Look of the day: Dolce & Gabbana blazer
  • Lena says:

Gorgeous! It really did fit you like a glove. Esp love the length of the pants and scrunched sleeves on you. 🙂

• Lena says:

Lol tell me about it! Leap 4 & 5 were awful for us, yet to enter leap 6 but safe to say that I’m not looking forward to it! … Don’t think we recovered from 4-month sleep regression too, she stopped sleeping through and doesn’t seem to miss it one bit. Haha.

Is it affecting lil Henry’s day naps or night sleep? I think it’s also when their separation anxiety begins? So that might play a part in it too.

• Addie & Co says:

He’s taking shorter naps during the day. And more wakeful at night – not after a feed but he’d stir /talk to himself rather loudly

• Lena says:

Aww how cute! Does he settle himself back to sleep after that?

• Addie & Co says:

Eventually – after talking for 2 hrs straight at 4:30

• Lena says:

Oh that’s not too bad, my LO will scream the house down if she’s not tended to… Haha

Maybe he’s practising talking, he might start saying mama dada soon, they always practise their new skills at night

How long is his awake time during the day now? Maybe extending it will help with his day naps?… I find that if I put her to nap too early when she’s not tired enough, she doesn’t nap as long 🙂

• Addie & Co says:

I usually wait til he grizzles/ rubs his eyes so can be between 1.5 hr to 2.5 hrs. He’s on his tummy a lot so he gets tired easily. He consistently does 3 naps a day now ranging between 45 mins to 2 hrs

• Addie & Co says:

It’s teething as well! First two just cut through

• Lena says:

They sure do keep us guessing, don’t they? Haha… Maybe he’s ready to drop a nap?

Btw, I’m looking for a buffet for one of our investment properties, do you mind sharing where did you get your mirrored buffet from? It’s beautiful!

• Addie & Co says:

Well that’s what I thought too but he gets feral if he doesn’t nap between feeds! Literally squealing and grunting

• Lena says:

Yeah the transitional period rough, man!… I let LO naps every 2 hours or so for the first two naps, then try to keep her up from 3-4pm till her bedtime at 7pm, but yeah, the 3-7pm is not pleasant, lots of grizzling and grunting. Hang in there, mumma! 🙂

• Addie & Co says:

I got mine from a wholesaler 6 years ago. I posed off as an interior decorator to get the wholesale price but you can now get it from Dare Gallery

• Lena says:

LOL good on you!… Maybe I should ask a friend who is an interior designer to see if she’s able to get the wholesale price. I’ve seen it for over $3k, a little steep to go into a leased property.

I tried to look it up but it’s on on their website, have you seen it in their showroom?

• Lena says:

We exclusively co-sleep now, she will only sleep next to me, which means I go to bed at 7pm too…Haha