All things sparkly and beautiful

Fashion & Beauty, Parties

Look of the Day: Thurley dress

Last night at Will’s very lavish 40th birthday bash in Portsea…

imageAddie wearing: Thurley palms spring dress,(now on sale!)Β Red Valentino white jacket, Saint Laurent tribute sandals, Saint Laurent studded monogram bag

18 thoughts on “Look of the Day: Thurley dress
  • Lena says:

You looked beautiful! Can’t say I’m not envious, I haven’t been able to go out by myself without the baby, let alone attend parties! My social calendar is a joke ATM! Who looks after Henry when you go out these days?

• Addie & Co says:

When I go out with my girlfriends, Henry goes to daddy daycare. And if we both have to go out, it’s usually the grandparents. We hired a babysitter when we were in portsea last weekend but we were very lucky that we got a good one on that occasion.
      How is your baby doing? Have you done the sleep training?

• Lena says:

You’re very lucky! We have started looking for a nanny, but it’s hard to find a suitable one.

We exclusively co-sleep now lol… It’s the only way any of us is gonna get any sleep… Still don’t have the heart to do sleep training, I’ve gotten a spot at school though, gonna push it back another few months I think

How’s Henry sleeping?

• Addie & Co says:

He’s now consistently doing 45-90mins naps between feeds during the day. He’s been sleeping through the night since 12 weeks but he just doesn’t like going to bed. So it’s a battle putting him down every night but once he’s down he’s good. When you say co sleep, does it mean bubs actually sleep in your bed?
      Or just in the same room?

• Addie & Co says:

Are you still breastfeeding? I find that bubs is a lot more calm/sleeps better when he’s full ( he drinks 240ml for his last feed)

Try giving her a top up before bed and see if it helps?

• Lena says:

Yeah she’s in my bed now… haha… She rubs her face vigorously for comfort when she stirs at night till she has eczema on her face, so I put her in my bed so I can keep her arms down, that’s how it all started, and now there’s no going back lol… she stirs all night too, wakes herself up very very easily… she’s also refusing milk, just doesn’t like eating in general, bf or formula, too easily distracted, it’s a constant battle trying to feed her… she’s what we call a high needs baby, very bright and active, but yeah, very high needs πŸ™‚

• Addie & Co says:

Teething? Henry started rejecting my breasts a week ago and sadly I was forced to give up breastfeeding. I went through a week of co-sleeping when we went to HK and he refused to go back to his cot for the first week upon our return. It took so much to get him back on track so I know how that feels! (Sudocrem is excellent for eczema by the way)

Does she like going out during the day? I find that Henry gets bored indoor so I’m kinda forced to go out everyday during the day

• Lena says:

Nope, not teething, she’s been doing this since 3 months old, just too interested in everything else and feeding is too boring for her… Feeding her is stressful beyond words, esp given my anal personality… haha

Oh dear, must have been quite emotional to give up breastfeeding… We’re down to one comfort breastfeed before bed too, but I’m holding onto that for dear life… lol

Well done, mama, for getting him back on track!… Maybe try a portacot when you travel next time?… I have the baby bjorn portacot, easy to assemble and light to travel, it’s excellent! ……. Except we never use it… haha

Yeah she’s the same, gets bored super easily if we stay at home… But I find it hard to fit naps into schedule if we go out…. Where do you normally take Henry? How do you work that into his schedule?

Yeah I’ve used sudocrem on other parts of her body, except her face… she rubs it so hard when sleepy or bored or just whenever, we use Sigmacort everyday but it doesn’t really make it go away if she just keeps rubbing it πŸ™

• Addie & Co says:

He does a nap around 11am, 1:30-2pm and sometimes 4:30pm. So I just try to be super organised and get going once he’s up. So I get up around 8:30 while he’s still asleep after the 7am feed to do a bit of housework (unloading/loading dishwasher) and have a coffee. Then play with him or get myself ready til 10ish for his feed (he’s quite content playing by himself in the morning). 11am nap then go out for quick lunch /grocery shopping right after his 1pm feed. I make sure I’m ready to go out myself before 1pm feed so once he’s done we’re ready to go.

Or sometimes I do early morning walk after his 7am feed if he doesn’t go back to sleep. Put him in the pram and walk to Malvern central /high street Armadale then back in time for the next feed.
      We don’t go very far so we can quickly evacuate ourselves if things go south. Lol

We go to our favourite cafes and boutiques on high street a lot. Malvern central for everyday grocery needs. And i bring a bottle if we’re going to chadstone. He can fall asleep in the pram but he tends to fuzz a lot before eventually passes out in the pram. If that happens, I usually keep walking with the pram until he falls asleep so I can actually go into a boutique and try on clothes lol

• Lena says:

Haha… I hear you about having an evacuation plan!… We used to go for a walk mid morning too but the scorching summer has made it hard to do so lately

You do sound like a very efficient person… I used to pride myself as a highly efficient person at work, but not at this mothering gig!… Nowadays I consider it a win if I manage to get one house chore done in the day!… lol

P/s: On a side note, we’re looking at buying into Malvern so we can move closer to the city again… Any advice?

I think it’s admirable that you still manage to find a balance to have your own life and enjoy time with friends while caring for baby Henry… I, on the other hand, can’t wait for the day that I’m able to feel like my old self again πŸ™‚

Have you started looking for childcare for Henry and into returning to work?

• Addie & Co says:

I don’t think we’d ever feel like our old selves again! Even when I go out, I miss/worry about the little one.

I think if you buy somewhere near Malvern central/high street, you can’t really go (too) wrong! It’s such a nice suburb for young families.

• Lena says:

I’ve been putting it off for such a long time… schedule house inspections with a little one is so hard… We tried going to an open house and I can’t even remember how many bathrooms did the house have after we left! ><

• Lena says:

I’ve just started looking for childcare in case the plan with nanny doesn’t pan out for us, didn’t realise how hard it is to get a spot!… Most places have a 6-12 months waiting list!

Will you be planning for bub no.2 anytime soon if you are not in a hurry to go back to work?

I used to think that I’ll be back to work once bub is 6 months, but now I’m seriously considering not returning to work. Though it will be hard to give up a job that I love. I love being a mother, don’t get me wrong, but my job was such a big part of who I am that it’s hard to fathom a life without it. πŸ™‚

• Addie & Co says:

I’m the same. I don’t want to put him in childcare full time and it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to do my job part time. I love being a mother. I see this as a job that I really love and no matter how bad our day is, I’m still my own boss and I’m in charge.

Most places I’ve enquired have closed the waiting list for this year!!

• Lena says:

I hear you about not wanting to put bub in full time childcare… That is one thing that none of us thought about when we were deciding on a career path huh? The possibility of going part time once we’ve had a baby!… Haha… If only we knew! πŸ™‚

Life as a lady of leisure isn’t so bad, if people still call that these days… haha

• Lena says:

LOL… good one!

You’re right, we’re grossly underpaid for the hours we put in and no clocking off at the end of the day… And I will definitely miss being financially independent. πŸ™‚